Monday, 30 April 2018
#Thing21 - Professional Bodies
Firstly, I have to confess that as I am approaching the deadline for the end of the Rudai 23 Series, this thing has been a bit more rushed that I would like, but I will continue to investigate in the future.
I also have to confess that prior to this I was somehow unaware of the "My Library, By Right" campaign, which I am now up to speed on thanks to following them on twitter, but also mostly by scavenging their website and informing myself of what's going on.
I think it's a great campaign and so many of the ideas they are using / coming up with are easily translated to ourselves across the water.
If we want libraries to survive we need to get our users involved and make them feel ownership of them. And also remind them of what they will miss out on if they are not around!
I will defintely be keeping a close eye on all of CILIP's advocacy campaigns - for ideas big and small!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
#Thing22 - Reflective Post This module was all about becoming an "Engaged Professional" and as someone who has been somewhat ...
-
#Thing22 - Reflective Post This module was all about becoming an "Engaged Professional" and as someone who has been somewhat ...
-
#Thing21 - Professional Bodies Firstly, I have to confess that as I am approaching the deadline for the end of the Rudai 23 Series, this ...
-
#Thing19 – Podcasts First of all I am very grateful to this “Thing” for introducing me to the wonderful Irish History Podcast - ...
No comments:
Post a Comment